- A 2 years old cat admitted to our clinic with left hand chronic lameness with inward deviation of the part distal to the carpal joint.
- Orthopedic Examination showed flexor tendon shortening after old accident and wound at the caudal aspect of the carpal region.
- Radiographic examination showed No bone abnormality.
- Hematological examination revealed no abnormality.
- Surgical correction by performing Pancarpal arthrodesis.
- Dorsal incision was performed and 2 mm DCP reconstructive plate was placed over the radius, carpal bones and 2nd metacarpal bones.
Arthrodesis, means artificial ankylosis or syndesis, is the artificial induction of joint ossification between two bones by surgery.
- Systemic antibiotic and anti-inflammatories were prescribed for 2 weeks after Surgery
- Cage restriction for 6 weeks postoperatively.